Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dallas Apartment

After much insisting, (ahem, L) here is where we live! It is way, way better than we expected. 

We really were prepared for the worst. And we almost couldn't believe what we got ourselves into when we turned off the freeway into the most ghetto area. Seriously. Panic and fear and anxiety were on the rise. Then we kept driving and it turns out, we're okay. 

Our complex has a gate which is actually closed most of the time (and a minimum income requirement) and it is right on the corner of a couple nice areas. So we like to think we are pretty blessed over here in our little corner of the world. 

Okay. Enough of me blabbering. Here you go!

Believe it or not, this little door (not even a normal-size) is what constitutes as our "hallway"

Our lovely bed room.
Yes, our bed is a souped-up air mattress. And our 'nightstand' is a suitcase.
We pride ourselves on being pretty resourceful around here :)
 
Please ignore the sock on the floor. We didn't have a bin for them yet.
This is one of 2 closets and believe it or not, it is the smaller of the 2.

My favorite part of the apartment! Our last shower curtain was so boring and old. 
I love all the colors in this one!

Laundry
Kitchen/Laundry from the back wall by the door.

Dining room
 Those green chairs are pretty awesome, huh? I'm still trying to think of a way we can bring them home.

Also trying to figure out a way to get thus couch home. Except I really don't think it will happen.
But it is really nice to have something real to sit down on.

The view out our front door.

BUT, if you want to see some amazing views you should see the lake 2 blocks away from our house. It's got a great trail all around that is becoming a great morning tradition. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! So cute. I wish I could come see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! Looks like so much fun. I'm pretty sure that couch was on clearance at my Target. maybe you could order it online when you guys figure out where you are going to end up.

    ReplyDelete