TWO months, folks. We have lived in our beautiful little slice of the world for 2 months!
I find myself constantly looking at all the charming houses I see. The new England style is everywhere and you see all varieties of colors. The Christmas decorations are out, too. The golf course around the corner sets up a loop of Christmas lights that you can pay to drive through if you want (we don't). We can easily see them as we run errands.
David is getting more and more involved at work (hooray!). He still has really slow days sometimes which means he can either study for his next test or update himself on current events on the internet. He took his last test on election day and passed.(HOORAY!) We won't get the official results until after Christmas though.
He is humoring me and spending his nights with me before I lose him to more after-work studying soon. Since the colder weather is here and we can't go explore the coast just yet we are trying to find more things to do close-by. We found a movie theater that does $5 Tuesdays which makes for a great mid-week date. We do miss the dollar theater though. (Sometimes I even find myself thinking things like "FIVE DOLLARS TO SEE A MOVIE?!" Then I eat something and appreciate ONLY paying $5.)
We like having my family close and have probably overstayed our welcome. We put our air mattress in our car so Lisette won't have to give up her room every time we come down. But we just love how close they are. ALSO, the drive on the Merritt Parkway is one of our most favorite drives in the whole country. (And after driving the ENTIRE length of I-80 this year, I feel entitled to say that.) It really is that gorgeous, especially in the fall.
After a surprisingly lengthy and intense hiring process that took over a month (so weird.), I started working as a receptionist for the sports medicine department of a hospital here. So far I am really enjoying it. (Plus, I love having a cool security badge haha) They have a great office overall - in terms of efficiency, staff, systems, resources, etc. It has been a fairly easy transition for us. Our commutes and our hours are basically the same as well. We are trying to budget and save our money so sometimes it feels like we still live the college life but without the stress.
I've been trying to read a lot lately and have enjoyed working my way through other people's book club lists, thanks to a pretty good library system statewide (which doesn't means tons when you live in a teeny state....but still.)
I'm trying to think of other important things I can tell you, but now all I'm coming up with are 1) I cut myself pretty good the other night making dinner and 2) I really need to re-dye my hair...... both of which tell ME I should probably stop writing. I will leave you with a picture of our mini Christmas tree that makes me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment