Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Noah @ 1 Month

Noah is a tall skinny boy with long feet and long fingers. (And just so I remember - 56th percentile for height, 7th for weight, and 73rd for head circumference.)



Noah at 1 month: 
• likes to skip napping between feeding at least once a day
• hates having his diaper changed
• falls asleep in his car seat
• is super super stubborn
• likes to lay on the ground and hang out with his daddy — will make the cutest noises doing it
• likes his bouncer on vibrate
• gave us THE MOST ADORABLE LAUGH while falling asleep the other night. (And we were watching a movie and it was perfectly timed to a funny part - we laughed so hard. We always die over how cute he is.)
• obsessed with putting his hands by his face. But when he is sleeping, he hits himself in the face and wakes himself up - so he sleeps swaddled
• rolled over from front to back on NYE! 



Mom (& Dad, but mostly Mom) at 1 month:
• slowly feel like we are getting the hang of things
• lots of tears at 2 weeks (for Mom, of course...), only occasionally when I am completely exhausted now. Which actually is more often than "occasionally" if we are being real here.
• really appreciate the rare chances I get to leave the house. Cabin fever 
exists and it's name is Natalie. 
• BF is.......challenging. For baby and momma. 
• I sleep 10000x better when he is in the other room. If not, every little sniff and loud breath makes me jump out of bed and check on him. 
• I sleep better now than I did at the end of pregnancy. Nowhere even close to as much but quality is much mucho improved
• Christmas was super low-key since we didn't have family here and couldn't exactly go anywhere- we slept in til around 11 and didn't open presents til after noon. Noah definitely got spoiled and we didn't even get him anything.

It is definitely as hard as we thought it would be, but a million times more rewarding than we imagined. I guess we'll keep him. ;)


2 comments:

  1. BF is so hard. I feel for you, good luck! He is adorable and lucky to have you as his mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your update on you at one month!! That's a great tradition to start. I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete