Monday, March 31, 2014

Noah @ 4 months

Noah is at the BEST age right now.
14 lbs 1 oz, 24 3/4 inches long

NOAH:
▲  will gurgle and babble ALL day long - lately it is vowel sounds while rolling his tongue in his mouth. He kept doing it while we were out shopping today and I was laughing the whole time
▲  last week of sleeping was no bueno, but TODAY WAS MAGICAL. He's pretty good about sleeping through the night and I kind of had just given up on naps, but today I laid him down and he played and talked with his lovey  (a thin small burp cloth) and then closed his eyes. I was in heaven. My mommy heart hurts when he cries.
▲ had a fantastic appointment and everything looked great. And he cooed at the doctor the whole time she was trying to talk to me. So funny. He just wants to be a part of every conversation
▲ puts everything in his mouth. and sucks on my shirts every time I'm holding him. He is pretty good about holding all his toys and getting them up to his mouth.
▲  his hair is kind of starting to grow in and when it sticks up, it is the cutest peach fuzz
MOMMY (& Daddy):
▲ absolutely loving the fact he is sleeping well at night. When you are in the middle of the fuzziness and delirium that come with a newborn, everything starts to seem hopeless. And while sometimes it is too easy for me to find something to complain and say that being a mom is hard, not sleeping was definitely the one thing that killed me to give up. And now that he is pretty regular, life is THE BEST.
▲ Things are great. He has a sort-of schedule and that helps me to kind of plan on what I can accomplish each day. I love hanging out with my buddy all day and I miss him when he is asleep (even though I am glad for the break).
▲  I got my act together and started making dinner every night (instead of making David do it when he got home). Coincidence that this happened when he started sleeping regularly? DEFINITELY NOT.
▲  Trying to get back on the working out bandwagon. There isn't really much for great trails nearby or sidewalks that don't disappear here, so I'm debating getting a gym pass but they are SO pricey and it would be a 20 minute drive. (PLUS stinky weather. It snowed again today....) I almost can't remember what it feels like to run a mile. So if you ladies (and gents?) have any suggestions for an at-home workout, throw them this direction and maybe, just maaaaaaybe, I'll be ready for the pool and not just the hot weather that I miss so much.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you have a schedule sort of! That's great. I have the Jillian Michaels 20 minute workouts DVD. I haven't used it in a while, but I really like it. It mixes cardio and weight training and hello, only 20 minutes. I think it was only like $10 at target. But also I'm no expert at working out.

    ReplyDelete