Also, I feel like this is really long. Feel free to skim. I promise I won't be offended or even know.
• I guess the biggest thing is that he walks now. This started about a week and a half after his 9 month mark, but mostly just teeny Point A to Point B stuff. Like the edge of chair to couch. Now it is ALL OVER. Within a 3 day period, he suddenly started taking small, steady steps and being able to catch himself before falling. It is crazy how fast things change. It is funny and fun to watch him.
• He does the cheesiest smile with his eyes closed when he is amused by something or really excited. Sometimes it is even accompanied by a snorty laugh. We got him a stuffed dog that is about as big as he is and this will get a cheesy smile every time. He also will give it kisses if you ask.
• Loves to: drink from the bathtub faucet, play in the shower, go outside, watch cars, say hi/bye to Daddy getting on/off the bus, brush his teeth, open and close doors, look out the window
• He is really into reading books on his own. He likes to pull them down off his shelf and knows to use his thumb to open them and flip pages. You can tell what pages he likes by how long he looks at them.
• Has started sucking his thumb. We have no idea why and it is not a comfort thing. It seems like it's just something he does because he can. It might have started when he was pulling his hands to his chest to steady himself while he walked. This happens less often now, so maybe the sucking will stop too.
• Freaks out excitedly when we offer him fruit – usually
bananas and apples. He knows where the fruit bowl is in the fridge since I let
him play in there while making dinner occasionally. And sometimes we find fruit
that has little baby bites taken out of it.
• Finally finally starting to understand when we tell him no.
He doesn’t like it. The other day we told him no about playing in the trash can
(which he has heard many many times) and he just stared at us while slowly
creeping his little hand back into the can.
• He is really good about going off and playing on his own and
getting into things. But every once in awhile he likes to come check and say
hi. Which is adorable when he pokes his head around the corner and says hi. So much fun.
• He is definitely starting to get the hang of his hello/goodbye wave but is selective on when he will wave. Sometimes he just randomly waves. He really likes to wave bye to the checkers we always see when we get groceries.
• Climbing. He knows he can crawl over things (like our legs) but he is now starting to climb ONTO things. Or trying to climb OUT of the tub (not as fun...)
• He can use his spoon pretty well if we hand it to him with stuff on it. He knows to give it back when we ask, even though he won't do it sometimes. He also can drink pretty well from his baby cup. And still hasn't really turned down any food. We have tried to get him to start sharing and he will do it as long as he has a bite of whatever it is first. If not, he will ignore you.
• He likes to wave and say "hi baby" to his reflection in the mirror and sometimes to pictures of babies. He likes to see his picture on the phone, and if I ask him to say "hi daddy" he knows it's most likely because I'm sending David a video/picture. He recognizes when we say lots of food words (like banana, apple, cheese...) and if I ask him to go get his blanket or where his doggy is he always starts to turn and walk towards them. It is really fun to hear him imitate sounds that we make. David thinks it is nonsense sometimes, but I really do think he is trying to communicate with us. Classic parental disagreement.
• Basically, he is our busy, curious, sweet little guy. I wish you could all see how funny he is and the way he wants to know what is going on and be involved. And while he is still not a snuggler, he definitely has his moments where he needs to be held and loved.
WE PARENTS:
• loved our vacation. They are probably my favorite thing to do, I'm sure I'll try to blog about what we did. (keyword: try)
• I'm also trying to catch up on learning how to edit photos but I am so so slow and my time is so limited, sometimes I can't justify spending all night sitting at the computer
• David is 3 weeks out from a BIG exam which has claimed all of his spare time. I think he gets maybe 30 minutes to himself each night after hours of studying. We will both be glad when it is over, even if we won't know if he passed for another 8 weeks (sheesh.)
• The end of the year is going to be busy for us and I am excited, but also trying to stay in the moment and appreciate each day instead of immediately counting down to the next big thing on our calendar.











No comments:
Post a Comment