It is almost Thanksgiving. And I'm starting to think I need to start taking a healthy dose of gratitude every day. Sometimes being a grump is so strangely satisfying that it is hard to get out of the slump.
I should be grateful I have at least one exam every week because it gives me more points to help my grade (theoretically speaking).
I should be grateful for the long hours at work despite the slowness because it means a bigger paycheck with less stress.
I should be grateful for my education because it is almost over and I am starting to get the feeling I might actually miss it.
I should be grateful for my busy days because it means I am actually doing something with my time (and hopefully those things are worthwhile)
I should be grateful for planes that can fly me home for Christmas because it means I do not have to take a 176 hour train ride or 5 day bus ride.
I should be grateful for this blog because it gives me SOME PLACE TO RAMBLE on about things and not waste someone else's time by making them listen to me.
I am grateful for family and soon-to-be-family.
I am grateful for winter. Because it makes springtime even better.
I am grateful for photographers who can capture the incredible beauty of the world we live in. And make us realize how precious the little moments are.
I am grateful for twinkly lights, pumpkin rolls and hot chocolate. Because being happy inside makes you happy on the outside and then the happiness spreads like warmth.
I am grateful for professors who tell you everything they are asking about on their exams. Because it is nice to know that they aren't trying to kill you and that they want you to do well.
I am grateful for fashion. And the pops of color that have been carried over from summer. And ruffles. For some reason, I really like the femininity they create.
I am grateful for the Honor Code. For the ways it helps us be better.
I am grateful for weekdays. They make the weekends so much better.
I am grateful for bloggers who are willing to share their creativity and imagination with the world.
I am grateful for emails from across the world. Because somehow reading someone's words brings them that much closer. Even when they are really FAR AWAY.
I am grateful for my best friend.
And, I am grateful for hope. Because sometimes things get overwhelming. And that is okay. Because I can handle it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. Maybe if I keep repeating it, one day I will believe it.
I guess that's enough gratitude for the day. I apologize if you made it to the end of this post. I think I needed to write this more than anyone else needs to read it.
Maybe next time I will just make a thankfulness tree like this one:

I'm grateful for ruffles too. I'm gaining a reborn appreciation for them lately, actually.
ReplyDeleteI'm also grateful for emails from across the world too. And also that I might just be talking about the same emails you're talking about. And also that those emails just might (maybe, as I don't know how many across-the-world kind of emails you receive regularly) also be sent by MY best friend.
And of course, for bloggers like you that share their creativity and their thoughts even when they're tired and life and school and everything is hard. And they share it anyway, and it brightens up the days of people like me who probably need that too. :)