I graduated (almost). I have 2 independent study classes left, so I am going to work on those on my days off this summer (instead of soaking up the sun). It was so fun to have family come. David's family is so great to sit through my ridiculously long class graduation that was so so early in the morning. It was so much fun to see them. They are fantastic people.
Secondly,
I survived the craziest day of work! I worked a straight 13 hours - full of random projects, pizza, lots of talking and figuring out minor mishaps - but boy, oh boy, was it fun! Come Saturday night at around 10:25 I was so ready to go home. I've been trying to not let my attitude get into my work attitude, so it was way hard to stay positive by the end of the night. But I'm happy to say, I succeeded. I believe the word to describe that day was TROOPER.
Thirdly, (is that even a word?)
We moved in! Ahhh, it was so exciting! It was kind of odd to walk into an empty apartment and realize that this is where we are living after we get married. It's actually in pretty nice shape. I took pictures of it before, but I don't have my camera with me so I will post them when I get home. It is nice to finally have things get put away. We will definitely have plenty of space, it is just a matter of getting it all organized. The girls that lived there before us left us MOUNDS of cleaning supplies. I'm pretty sure we are set for the decade in that category. I'm still trying to figure out a way to organize stuff when I can't put in shelves. Does anyone have any suggestions in that area? I'm thinking I might make a little trip to IKEA to see what I can find. Also, I'm craving one of their hot dogs, so that might be the biggest reason to go. OOoh and JDawgs sounds good now too.
We had the slight problem of not having a bed, because there are only 2 bunk beds in the apartment. SO - problem solved: the 2 top bunks are the same height, so we just took them apart, rebuilt them in the next room, and pushed them together. Voila, we have a bed! It is quite large and so so comfy. We bought a duvet last time we were at B3 and I LOVE it. So so soft.
It was also fun to find a couple problems in the apartment and fix them. One door of the washer/dryer closet was completely off. We found it outside on the patio/mini balcony. And we put it back on after a little jury-rigging with some wrapping paper (don't ask).
Lastly,
I can't remember what I was going to write here. Something important? Maybe. Probably not. But I will try to remember. And I will try to remember to put up pictures.
Today is a beautiful day.
12
where did you end up moving to nat?
ReplyDelete