Lately I've been trying something new.
I have actually been getting dressed for work
--- as in, wearing skirts, dresses, fancy schmancy stuff.
WHY? (You mean, instead of wearing scrubs, sweats, and t-shirts like I used to do regularly?)
Because it's a mental thing.
I'm taking the time for me.
If I GET DRESSED (not even including hair and makeup) in real legitimate business clothes, my attitude, awareness, and self-esteem go WAY up.
I'm happier, friendlier, and overall my days are so much better.
(plus I appreciate my sweats/jeans even more!)
This has also meant I'm having to get more creative with my outfits.
It has been semi-challenging (but more fun than challenging) - so when Kayla posted about doing the 21 day challenge I got really excited.
(Basically, each night she posts a prompt, you dress according to the prompt the next day, and then post your picture and get points!)
You should do it too!
It'll be fun - I PROMISE. (plus there are prizes! yay!)
It'll be fun - I PROMISE. (plus there are prizes! yay!)
Seriously, go check it out.
I'm so excited for it to start on Monday!

I totally agree with you. I always feel better if I get dressed in something cute and do my hair. Even if I don't really leave the house all day, I feel like I accomplished more and I feel better about myself. When I don't get out of my scruffy clothes all day, I sort of feel like the say was wasted. Good luck with your challenge!
ReplyDelete