Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The infamous cake.....

Story time:
I thought I would prove how awesome of a wife I am and surprise David with a red velvet golf ball cake.

I had two half sphere cake pans. And the directions said I would need 4 and 1/2 cups of batter. So of course I fill EACH half-sphere with that amount. Genius, I know.

Put them both in the oven, set the timer, walk away. Easy Peasy.

Until I walk through the kitchen and see a pillar of smoke coming up through the vent opening in the stove. Not a wisp, a full, Thick stream of smoke.

Next genius move: don't bother to close the bedroom door, and just open the oven instead. Let all the smoke in the house. See that the pans are over-flowing. LEAVE them there and just try to scrape up what spilled. I guess I just figured I filled it a little too full and the spilling was a one-time thing. WRONG.

Just repeat the above paragraph three or four times.

It was really bad. I finally gave up, turned off the oven, and went to pick David up. I reeked. Our house had a nice film of smoke by the ceiling despite.

After a grocery store run where we proceeded to buy $10 worth of odor eliminating sprays, and lots of open doors, and containers of baking soda, the smell was gone.

But the story will never be forgotten. Even if I want it to be, David won't let me. :)

Round two was a success though.

No comments:

Post a Comment