Alrighty, folks. I started "consistently" running on February 22 (I signed up for the Provo Half-Marathon January 3rd, started running, and then got sick.) Here's what I've figured out since part one
You still make the time if you really want it.
I've learned to want it for different reasons - not for the "hooray, I exercised! Now I can go eat a cheeseburger and feel justified!!" part, but for the "I'm doing this because this is what I know makes me feel good inside and out."
I absolutely LOVED my run today.
Am I a little embarrassed to admit that? kind of, yes.
I've learned to want it for different reasons - not for the "hooray, I exercised! Now I can go eat a cheeseburger and feel justified!!" part, but for the "I'm doing this because this is what I know makes me feel good inside and out."
I absolutely LOVED my run today.
Am I a little embarrassed to admit that? kind of, yes.
I'm one of those people.
It's not how fast you've run that counts.
I'm better than 12 minute miles now, but not by much.
But, I can go prettttty far with my trusty 12-ish minute miles.
They take me places.
It's not how fast you've run that counts.
I'm better than 12 minute miles now, but not by much.
But, I can go prettttty far with my trusty 12-ish minute miles.
They take me places.
Holy smokes, treadmills are boring after 2 miles.
However! They are really good at getting you to run faster.
If you want to improve pace, just work with a treadmill for a couple days.
However! They are really good at getting you to run faster.
If you want to improve pace, just work with a treadmill for a couple days.
Endorphins are still addicting.
Also, I'm happier and I sleep better after I run.
Also, I'm happier and I sleep better after I run.
Human bodies are absolutely incredible and a wonderful gift from God.
I have an even stronger testimony of that now than
I did when I graduated with a degree in Exercise Science.
I have an even stronger testimony of that now than
I did when I graduated with a degree in Exercise Science.
I'm achieving a "goal".
It's not just a goal anymore, though.
It's a lifestyle.
And I'm really loving it.
I'll definitely keep going now.
No comments:
Post a Comment