So far in my attempt to train for this half-marathon, here's what I've figured out.
You make the time if you really want it.
It is still hard to get myself to do it every day - even when I know I'll be glad I did.
I don't love it yet. Maybe someday.
It's far from 7 or 8 minute miles.
It's not even 10 minute miles.
From Day ONE I felt healthier.
(I think this goes for any exercising.)
Days 2, 3, 4, and 5 - it was really hard to get going.
I want to run more - endorphins are teeny bit addicting.
I can run for longer periods of time now.
I still have absolutely zero mental willpower.
I sleep better.
I eat better.
I'm happier.
I guess maybe I'll keep going.
![]() |
| tumbler... |

Thanks for this! I made a new plan this weekend. I think I'll pin this page so I look at you for motivation when I need it!
ReplyDeletePS my plan does not involve a half-marathon. baby steps haha.
Only really crazy people just randomly sign up for half-marathons. Baby steps is probably WAYYYY smarter than I am. Also, see you tonight!
DeleteGood for you! I'm trying to get up some motivation to exercise more . . . I just don't love exercising and it's ALWAYS a struggle to get myself to work out, but I'm always glad I did it later. And I'm so glad to hear that you're doing so well with running, even if you're not the absolute fastest most natural-born "I love running" runner of all time, if that makes any sense. I've been running a bit, and I'm slow and I hate almost every step, but I'm TRYING to like it, so I'm really happy to hear from someone who isn't one of those people who just LOOOOOOOOOVES to run that you're enjoying it and feeling great!
ReplyDeleteI have this HUGE debate in my head every day before I run about whether or not to actually do it. And lots of times the "eh-you-can-totally-skip-today" side wins. That's when I really just have to suck it up. Also, I think we're in the same boat. I've been trying to like it for almost 5 years. I felt really guilty saying that I don't love it, but I don't! And at the rate I'm going, I probably won't ever, but I do like how I feel after I exercise so I think that is what is keeping me going. Motivation is so trickily elusive sometimes...
DeleteOh man, this is just the kick in the pants I need. I KNOW I'll feel better when I work out daily, but its sooooo hard to care when I'm exhausted. But hopefully my 5k in April will get me motivated soon! Its no half marathon, but still. . .
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean about trying to care. And a 5k is a great place to start - Probably a smarter move than I made. A 5k sounds so doable right now. Good luck with it!!
DeleteI did a half marathon a couple of years ago, and can I just say, finishing that thing... is THE BEST feeling ever! Seriously, it is so worth all the work. One of the best moments :) Can't wait for you to do it.
ReplyDelete