Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tomorrow is the month mark for us moving into our apartment, so I guess it is about time for an update. :)

Sometimes we look around and do not really believe that we are actually here. There are so many things we love about being here. Fall and everything that comes with it has been great. The leaves are so gorgeous and I keep seeing things that look like they exist only in paintings. 

We are loving our apartment. We decided to go with an apartment in a quieter area instead of one in the more popular urban area and it is a great fit for us. We ended up living right on the bus line, so David takes that to work every day. It is 4 miles from his work to our apartment so it is a really quick ride.

David started work on the 8th. He is enjoying it a lot more now that the basic training stuff is over. They have been kind of busy working on a project with a deadline. He is taking another actuary test next Tuesday(!) so he has been putting in lots of hours studying after he gets home from work. One perk of his job was him being able to work from home during Hurricane Sandy. It was not so bad for us up here - mostly just a lot of really strong winds and rain. There are some trees down but we never lost power. (As I write this, my parents still do not have power. They are expecting it some time next week. I am even more aware of how lucky we were up here.) Halloween was not cancelled in our town, but we still did not have any trick-or-treaters. Lucky us, we get the whole bag of Snickers to ourselves!

In the time we do get to spend together, we have been watching lots of sports  - between BYU football/basketball, RSL soccer, and the Jazz games starting - and Netflix. We also like to go drive around and explore the neighboring towns. The picturesque scenes seem to be everywhere we go.

I have been trying to find ways to keep myself busy. Trying to buy some things we needed for our apartment.  Looking for jobs. Sleeping in. Going to the movies by myself. Going to mother's group/play group without a child. Teaching myself photoshop. Teaching myself the real way to take pictures in manual. Making lots of Thai food. Registering the car and changing my license - the DMV is just so fun.

 The biggest thing I have been having a hard time with is not being able to find a job/have anything to do that I really care about (that does not involve spending money). I am at the point where I sleep in a lot, because hey what's the point of getting out of bed just to go sit on the couch and be on the computer. I did get called to be the Primary pianist, so that will be exciting. Primary is always so fun.  But our life is really great and we really are so, so blessed to be where we are at.

And because we all know how much better blog posts are with pictures, here are some I took recently. 
Top one is just of an area by a shopping mall.
Bottom two are from Wethersfield Cove. 
Maybe next time I will finally be able to convince David to let me take pictures of him.....




1 comment:

  1. NATALIE: I love this update. I'm so happy for you guys. So sorry for your parents! That's so rough. You guys live in such a cool place. Plus I can't wait for our FL trip. Only 44 more days! Maybe you can plan that in your down time :) We miss you guys all the time.

    ReplyDelete