Saturday, June 28, 2014

Noah @ 7 months

warning. skip this if you don't want to read ALLLLL about my baby.
Teeth!
This kid. ♥♥♥
Life as a parent is definitely not glamorous but sure is glorious.
And Noah is our favorite part of every day. 


Noah:
• loves anything that makes noises -- rattles, banging toys together, banging his bottle on the ground, when the lawn is being mowed outside. Related: loves dumping his toy basket over.
iphone goodness...
• likes books! and will even hold still for them for a few pages. We have a 'touch and feel' book about animals that he really likes. He knows where all the spots are to rub the fur/touch the feathers. The whiskers page is by far his favorite. It is so much fun to watch him wait for that page. 

• still loves to watch cars. And now notices dogs and people more. Especially dogs. He gets excited when he sees them and will start giggling when they lick him. 

• will tilt his head to peer at you. Especially if he knows you are hiding around the corner. SO fun.

iphoooone too.
• jabbers at his daddy when they play on the ground before bedtime. It's all complete nonsense babbling that he never makes during the day at me.

• loves to tell us when he is done playing or eating, or ready to be picked up, or when he is not interested in trying to crawl anymore, or is stuck (usually under the bed or chair from scooting backwards). It's a nice loud grunt of frustration. 

• working on crawling - can go backwards, but not forwards. BUT would much prefer to be standing up holding your hands pretending to walk. Can turn his body on the ground fairly quickly and can roll over in the blink of an eye when he wants to (usually when getting his diaper changed or before getting in the bath....of course....)  

• still loves his bathtime and now sits up for the majority of the time. We also took him swimming a few days ago and he is definitely a fan. Except when he decides to put his own face in the water. Then he is NOT a fan.
comfortable, right?
• is a craaazy sleeper. moves EVERYWHERE. Also enjoys sticking his legs out between the slats, using them like a ladder to push himself around, and occasionally kicks his feet against the boards at either end. Which of course is awesome.  He does let me rock him before I lay him down now, hello heart melting daily! And it also makes me more likely to let him fall asleep in my arms because I know time is slipping away from us too quickly.
Out of focus face, but his hands!
Momma and Dadda:
• David has started studying for his test (which isn't until OCTOBER. yikes). Which means I should be working on a mini project every night with the time I have. Of course that hasn't happened yet. The dishes getting done (most nights) is my current accomplishment. 

• working on coming up with some summer plans. We toss around weekend options but then usually just end up relaxing which is just as good. We do want to do some berry picking now that blueberries are almost in season (!!)
• I've been binge-watching the world cup. (which coincides nicely with binge-watching Netflix when soccer isn't on... no wonder I get nothing done at night haha) I think I've only missed two games. It's pretty awesome and I will definitely have withdrawals when it's over. (*I also have issues when the Olympics are on.)    

• Most (UN)importantly --- I can now do the 2x2x2 rubik's cube. Add that to the 3x3x3 and the 4x4x4 from a little while ago. Definitely going to round out my resume someday.......

• my trial period on lightroom ran out and I'm still waiting on a good sale. Which never seems to come when you're waiting, right? If you see one, lemme know pretty please?

Bonus for making it this far! Family picture from a week ago! Our family apparently likes to tilt our heads all in the same direction.
(camera via phone....)

No comments:

Post a Comment