*You can skip this post if you have no interest in the development of a 5-6 month baby. Because really, I'm the only person who is overly excited about these. But hey, pictures! :)
(Our appointment isn't until tomorrow, so I'll post stats when I get them...)
Oh baby. You are so loved! It makes me a little heartbroken to see how big you are getting. But also so happy because you have the CUTEST personality and are so active and love life.
NOAH:
- For a couple weeks, he would shriek/scream loudly to get our attention when he decided he was done doing something. Like sitting in his high chair when I try to make dinner. Or laying on his back. Now he makes the cutest ba/muh-muh sounds that lead up to the shrieks or whining. However, happy shrieks happen too.
- When he is excited he will point his toes and hold his legs and arms out super straight with a huge smile on his face. Like planking face-up style, accompanied by happy shrieking. This always happens at bath time. He just loves it so much.
- Stares at people/things he doesn't know. Like stroller rides. They are pure silence for the longest time because he just loves to look.
- Cut his first tooth! (5/23/2014) We had no idea it was coming in. And he is working on #2. But he doesn't seem to really notice.
- He really discovered his toes this month. And finally can put them in his mouth. (yay?) Last night he spent a lot of time putting them in his mouth before he finally went to sleep.
- Speaking of cribs, he rolls ALL over his. And not just when he is awake. Rolling happens multiple times every night. He really seems to like sleeping with his face smushed in the mattress. Which of course makes me nervous. But he is sleeping through the night (hallllllelujah). Wakes up early some days but I get a straight 6ish hours now.
- His grabbing/chewing abilities have improved VASTLY. I'm doing mostly BLW (more on this later? maybe.) and he really seems to be loving it. Even just a couple weeks of it and he is way, way better. He loves broccoli and really liked his squash last night.
- Figured out peekaboo (object permanence) with mommy/daddy. We aren't 100% sure he knows the game part but he definitely knows we are still there.
- He is ALL boy. Loves to be roughhoused with -- tossed in the air/ tickled / being scared and the anticipation of all the above -- and hates to be cuddled or held close.
- He notices details now. Like my hair (so fun. Hello, death grip) and likes to watch cars drive by out the window. It is so fun to watch his head swivel back and forth.
Mom (and Dad?):
- I love my sleep so sleeping through the night has been glorious. And napping when he does is nice too.
- Went running on my own for the first time in..... A year? 15 months?.... And it showed. I felt like a dinosaur lumbering down the street while trying to get my body to remember what jogging (running sounds prettier, right? But let's be real here. It's like a mini step above a fast walk right now) feels like.
- [TMI right here. You might want to skip this one.] I quit breastfeeding a month ago - but someone needs to tell my body that. Still get a little leaky occasionally. Someone tell me this goes away, please. He wasn't even eating from me very much before that.
- I have formula stains on lots (MOST) of my clothes from an unusually spitty phase Noah went through a couple weeks ago. (Not having a washer stinks big time). I think I need a new wardrobe.....
- Feeling completely panicky that my little thanksgiving baby is already 6 months old. Lots of conflicted feelings over how much I love watching grow and learn and just wanting to put him in a protective little cocoon and never let anything happen to him. But life is about falling down and learning new tricks and growing and experiencing things. Mostly I just want to give him all sorts of experiences that teach him to be a kind, compassionate boy and to make the world a better place. He definitely makes MY life better.
SIX MONTHS. Oh man.







No comments:
Post a Comment