Monday, June 22, 2009

Never again.

I got a paper cut a little while ago. It’s not like a huge deal that I should be thinking about or even caring about, except for the fact that it intrudes into the peacefulness (HA!) of my day constantly. I’ve gotten paper cuts before, everyone has. Minor scratches we try to avoid. I handle paper products all the time - file folder, notecards, boxes, scrap pieces, heaven knows reams and reams of copies – I’ve learned how to NOT get a paper cut. I haven’t had one for so long that now it really stings. And now that I have it, I'm forced to think about it. It's almost impossible to ignore. I use my hands all the time. Work, typing, answering phones, school, driving, opening a door, texting, shopping, you name it, I use them. The worst was when I was putting mousse in my hair and instead of it being rubbed into my hair, it simply rubbed into the paper cut.

It’s just a simple nuisance that I can’t get out of my mind. As hard as I try to ignore it, it hurts. It was just surprising and unwanted after all the precautions I’ve taken to NOT get one. Mostly because I didn’t expect it and didn’t think it would happen to me. This old paper cut doesn’t even realize what it’s done to my character. Thank you for letting me learn from this experience. You may not appreciate the sacrifices that I did to avoid something like this from happen, but that’s okay because now I’m a new person. And a paper cut won’t ever hurt this badly again.

1 comment:

  1. It kills when beauty products get in your paper cuts and I as well have gotten really good at preventing them....so those times you actually get them sucks!!!! ANd you feel like a failure but you arent a failure I promise!

    ReplyDelete