So today's HOT: I can bend my toe. Hallelujah. Almost exactly 2.5 months after having a little construction done, this is miraculous. Literally... it's a miracle. It was so that I would be able to get my full range of motion back to where it was before surgery. This was meant to break up the connective tissue that was getting in the way. He did the smaller parts on the first 2 jabs. And then on the 3rd jab, I could almost instantly tell that my toe could move. It was so... surreal. In the 3 seconds that that jab was in my foot - which felt more like 3 years - I
could instantly tell my foot was getting better. A miracle.[the first picture is the day i got my surgery done - an interesting day, to say the least. To say the most: I basically spilled ALL my secrets to my older brother when I was coming back into consciousness. Because of this, I no longer hesitate to tell him anything. Mostly because he'll hear it anyways on September 4th. :) Lucky him. The other two pictures are from the day they cut my cast off. And I almost put up the other ones, but I thought I'd
save them for later. In the third picture you can see where they wrote 'yes' on my foot to make sure that they operated on the correct one so that I wouldn't sue them later. Except I have to get surgery on both feet, so it wouldn't have mattered if they did do the other foot.]today's NOT: (sorry if this next part semi-grosses anyone out...) I got a needle that was about 3 inches long repeatedly inserted (read:jabbed!) into my toe. I'm not normally one to cry about anything. Instead, I just made do with yelling "ow" as loud as I possibly could in order to deter anyone who was thinking about possibly getting the same surgery I did. However, I can't really badmouth this lovely shot that I was so blessed to receive multiple times. I can now stand on my tippy-toes. I guess I took that for granted before. (Kind of like how much I take crinkling my nose for granted. And then when I get a sunburn, I realize how much I hate not being able to crinkle it - especially because I crinkle my nose when I'm laughing. Ergo, getting a sunburn = no laughing.) I have renewed my 7 year old dreams of being a ballet dancer now that I can stand on tippy-toes (both of them!!)...... So I guess what this means is that however much I want this to be a 'NOT', it really deserves to be a 'HOT'.
And now I really should get back to studying up on gene expression and the lac operon. Tomorrow's final exam (20 essays, ranging from 4 sentences to a page each): piece of cake. I hope - no, I KNOW.
No comments:
Post a Comment