I found one. One good person. I don't know his name. But he made an impression on me. Not because of his awesome hair, or his smartly pressed uniform, or spiffy shoes or the accent he didn't have. But because he did a good deed. And he did it for nothing.
Imagine being passed up by a full bus after waiting and waiting and watching and hoping. It's kind of saddening. And then all of a sudden, a bus that we weren't waiting for pulls up, asks us where we are going, tells us we won't be able to make it there because the bus we need to get on will be too full and that we should get on his bus and he will take us to where we can get on the bus that we need.
We were pretty stoked about that. But, it gets even better! We got on the bus and he wouldn't let us pay the fee! AND he gave us a free transfer! He didn't do it for personal gain or to get something from us. He was just a nice guy giving six girls a way to get to where they wanted to go.
He made my day. And now I'm going to pass it on and make someone else's day. Not because I want something or anything like that - We just need more good people in this world. And I want to be one. And I'm grateful for each one that touches my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment