Hello August 31st.
The first day of classes.
The day that everyone dreads.
The first day of classes.
The day that everyone dreads.
And yet everyone secretly welcomes it with butterflies of excitement and anticipation and nervousness in their tummies. Remember how you were so excited to go to school and meet your teachers? And you had a special new outfit with awesome shoes that were definitely going to make you the most popular person in P.E. class. (Note to certain people - and not just me: Overalls are not included in this "special outfit" category.)
Here on the famed BYU campus, it seems like every girl gets all gussied up for this. New jeans, fancy shoes, big hair and everything. Not me.
I make a point of wearing a certain article of clothing - sometimes it's a shirt, sometimes it's a skirt, sometimes it's shoes - that I dislike. Because then I will dislike what I'm wearing ALL day long. That way I'm not one of the crowd. I don't walk around with the omnipresent 'excited, yet completely SCARED' look on my face. I might maybe be a little excited, but thanks to that awesome piece of clothing that I keep around for just this reason, I'm unique. Pretty clever, right? I think so. :)
But however smart I think I am, school is going to be formidable and is going to take a Herculean amount of effort on my part. Hopefully I can do it.
Oh no you didn't diss my overalls....what can I say I go for comfort not looks:) haha
ReplyDelete