Do any of you ever go to a store and always see the same people there?
I do.
Regardless of what time of day I go (usually anywhere between 4:45 and 10:30 - that's a pretty big time frame, I know), I always seem to see the same people. And I'm not talking about you running into the same person in different aisles of the store when you go there once. I'm talking about every time you go, you see them. There are 3 people I see. Sometimes they rotate who has what day, but I see them all pretty frequently (as frequently as you can go to a grocery store and see people). It is surprisingly fun to see "familiar" people at the store.
In my head, I call them my grocery store buddies (who even uses that word anymore??) now, even though they don't know that. Sometimes, when I remember I have to go to the store, I think about what I'm supposed to remember to buy. And then, inevitably, I wonder if I will see one of my buddies at the store. Maybe one day we will say hi to each other like old friends.
I've decided I like seeing familiar faces at the grocery store. Or anywhere I go, as a matter of fact. Does anyone else want to be my [grocery] buddy ?

Natalie, I totally had a campus buddy ALL 4 years of college. I watched him fall in love, get married, and have a baby. We really even started saying hi all the time! I kind of miss him, and I hope his baby is doing well :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I am ALWAYS willing to be your grocery buddy!