My dad's side of the family has a cookbook. It looks a little something like this:
Inside this little gem, there are recipes (of course). However, not like you think -- sometimes I read this cookbook for entertainment. (The editor's notes are quite wonderful - thanks Aunt Emily!)
Here is one of my favorites. Read the whole thing.
(If you need to click on it to read it, just do it. I think you will like it.)
(If you need to click on it to read it, just do it. I think you will like it.)
We also learn the secret to how my parents ended up happily married:
I really enjoy owning this cookbook. You should all be very jealous
I made bagels today.
They definitely look a little funny
(and apparently are a little salty - but I checked! It really does say 2 Tablespoons....).
(and apparently are a little salty - but I checked! It really does say 2 Tablespoons....).
And now I will be eating bagels for the next 2 weeks. Unless anyone wants to take any odd-looking salty bagels off my hands.... anyone?
Love it! That's super funny! I'm definitely jealous.
ReplyDeleteI love the Allred cookbook! I also enjoy the Botulism Spaghetti-o's and garlic cookies :-) And I think your bagels look pretty tasty . . . I made some once, and yours look WAAAAY better than mine did.
ReplyDelete