..........Blanket!
In case you didn't know, I have an incredibly talented cousin named Rachel (go look at her beautiful blog and her darling baby)!
In case you didn't know, I have an incredibly talented cousin named Rachel (go look at her beautiful blog and her darling baby)!
She had a crotchet-along where she taught her readers how to crotchet.
My older brother and his wife are having a little girl in February (I'm getting a niece!!) and I wanted to make them something.
Using her instructions on how to start crocheting, her FAQ and this original tutorial, this is what I made:
[Try to ignore the corner that has gone all weird. And the foot feeling what the bobbles feel like.]
Semi -close up:
I LOVED making this blanket.
(I haven't gotten up the courage - or the spending money - to start anything else.)
"Loved" meaning I was addicted to working on it every chance I could - at work, at home, during conference, etc.
I didn't think about how big it was going to be because I was paying more attention to not messing up than to how long I made my initial chain. Yeah. Problem. It turned out huge. But I think I like it that way. And next time, I don't think I'll be doing the stripes. Too much work and I think the one-color ones look so good.
I very seriously considered keeping it at work because I get so cold here (hello, air conditioning in OCtOBER). But I decided the baby would probably want it more.
So if anyone wants a blankie, I now feel like I can conquer the world with these,
one adorable blanket at a time.
Plus it gives me something to do at work and I love being busy there.
Anyone?
I am also in the middle of making our Halloween costumes right now and I'm pretty excited about how they are turning out.
Pictures to come.
Linking up here today!

It's beautiful! You did such a great job! I actually really like the stripes--I think they're so cute, and the stripe/polka dot combo is always a winner in my book. I'm so glad you had fun--I love making those blankets! Great job :-)
ReplyDeleteIt looks so good! Way to prove David wrong and finish it. :)
ReplyDelete