Friday, April 27, 2012

The Right Reasons

(image from the post by Meg In Progress)

I went to a baby shower for a friend yesterday, and thought of this post I read earlier that day the whole time.  I'm not a mother yet, so I don't quite fit the bill (yet). But I nodded my head the whole way through, agreeing with the reasons she wrote and loving the picture painted in my head by the imagery of sailors.A tiny breath of fresh air to remind you of the blessings you already have is always good. Really. Go read it already. 







2 comments:

  1. Not that girl's nights out are wrong (they are so, so right) but to this article I refer to this one: http://www.memoriesoncloverlane.com/2011/04/fortitude.html

    It totally changed my thinking about needing a break or to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the point of view. Sometimes you need a night out to remind you that there is more to you than being a mom. It is most definitely the most fun, fulfilling and wonderful thing but it is also the most stressful, time consuming and tiring. I love getting together with a bunch of other women and simply celebrating a moment of freedom. And I have to say one other thing that has been a huge help to me is playgroup. We all get together and chat while our kids play. It is wonderful to get out and just enjoy the company of another adult.

    ReplyDelete