You don't know me. And I can pretty much guarantee that we will never meet. But I just wanted to thank you for having a blog. And not making it private. And for letting me become a part of your world for a few short minutes. I just happened across your blogs in my everyday wanderings of the worldwide web. I was only looking for something to read about that would take my mind off of the clock that ticks so slowly and reminds me that there are plenty of minutes left before I can go home. BUT for a few short minutes, I stumble across your world. A world that seems out of a fairy tale. A world that I long to be a part of for even a short space of time.
I envy your lives sometimes. You all have incredible stories to tell and captivate me with the minute details that make it feel so intimate. The courage and faith and patience and love and firm hope I read in your words is marvelous to read about.
I envy your trials - even the pain that comes from them. The lessons you learned from them and lived to blog about are awe-inspiring. You say that they were so difficult, yet you made it through them with such grace and poise and elegance. I know that maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture, but the glimpses that I do catch take away my breath and make me wish I was stronger like you.
I envy your trials - even the pain that comes from them. The lessons you learned from them and lived to blog about are awe-inspiring. You say that they were so difficult, yet you made it through them with such grace and poise and elegance. I know that maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture, but the glimpses that I do catch take away my breath and make me wish I was stronger like you.
I want to have the same kind of happiness that you have. The babies being born, the myriad of memories, the holiday celebrations, the school performances, the vacations, the moments where you have tender mercies and hopeful revelations. Oh please, take me into your world for two seconds. School and work seem oh so dull and not worth blogging about. There are millions of people around me saying the same thing. "School is hard, work is tough, not enough hours in the day." All I want is to have an adventure. And you give me that while I can't have it on my own - by letting me look through your eyes.
May you continue to have wonderful birthdays and beautiful memories so that I can continue to grow from seeing how you go through your world. You make me want to live better, be better. And I owe you tremendous thanks for that. I am excited to have adventures of my own someday. And if we do meet, can we trade stories?!
Graciously,
The girl you don't know and probably never will.
No comments:
Post a Comment