Sometimes I have this irrepressible urge to chop off my hair. The only problem is that every time I cut my hair, I want to cry. (I know, silly and maybe even ridiculous. It's just hair, right??)
Last Thursday I decided I was sick of it and started browsing for what to do. I was DETERMINED to have a good experience this time. Friday afternoon, it was cut.
Pinterest had a plethora of pictures to go to for hair inspiration. But these were some of the only ones I could find that had the long layered style.
But, these pictures gave me the BEST haircutting experience I've ever had. I sat down, explained to her how weird my hair was - thick, lots of it, sometimes has a tendency to curl - then showed her these pictures and she basically said, "okay, you want this: _______________".
She just put everything I showed her into words and in hair terms. If I didn't understand something, all I had to do was ask (which I did, since I was more willing to talk to her since she let me blather to her all about my hair).
Talking to your hairstylist definitely makes the experience 100000x better. Plus when it took her 30 mins to dry my hair, she didn't even bat an eye.
I tip better when I'm happier, and I will even buy some product off you. Too bad I found someone I liked with reasonable prices right before we move.




So wait, where is YOUR new haircut picture???
ReplyDeleteWaiting for a day when I look normal?? :)
DeleteJust kidding. I'll work on it for you!
Love you girl!
I have weird hair too!! I have the hardest time finding a stylist that I like. Who is she and where does she work??
ReplyDelete