I get sucked into books like any bookworm, living and breathing the stories like they were my own. This is probably why this book is making me cry every paragraph. I'm sitting there at work and I'm having to put the book aside every time I read a few paragraphs because I seriously was about lose it. I was definitely caught wiping a few tears away. (It's tricky answering the phone when you're choked up.)
Why is this book such a tear-jerker for me, you ask? Because it is basically my biggest worst fear that everything in this book will happen to our family (me).
I'm terrified that David will die before I'm ever ready (are we really ever ready?) and that I won't be able to handle missing him. I know that our family can be together forever, but every time we discuss stuff like this (oddly enough, we were talking about it a couple nights ago), I cry. Like a baby. There is no helping it. It just is like opening a dam and letting a waterfall down.
![]() |
| Cheesy, yes, but true. via |
This darn book. I'm such a weeper. (Also, I almost cried watching the guy who won American Idol last night cry because he'd won. And I hadn't watched any of this season at all.)
I told you mine, you tell me yours: what is your biggest fear?

Nothing that deep. My biggest fear is men dressed in gorilla suits. Thinking about it right now, it doesn't seem like a big deal, but when I'm face to face with one (if I even let it get that close) I freak out. Darth Vader (also in person) and pretty much any mask also scare me, but not quite as bad.
ReplyDeleteI would freak out too! I don't like strangers close to me - and I jump really easily. Not a good combo :)
Delete