Monday, February 8, 2010

one ring, one knee, one question.

Remember this post? Turns out I need to rewrite the ending. Apparently fairy tales do come true. And somehow it is never how you think. And little did I know, what I wrote then as a silly story ended up to be me writing the future. If I may be so bold as to quote myself:
"together they would take steps into the future knowing that someday everything would all work out - and that even through the fighting and arguing and possible manipulation, there would always be laughter and charm and love."

Yes. Eerily creepy. And yet I predicted the future? Kinda weird. I'll have to do the rewrite later once I have time to stop and breathe.



In short, (and by short, I mean the condensed concise version) here is the story of what happened a little more than a week ago:

Basically, it was our first "date" all over again. (It was before we were actually dating, but we think this counts because we kissed that night and that is how it all began.) It is one of our favorite days ever, so I think it is perfect that we did the same things that night too.

Red Robin, Sammy's pieshakes and Deer Creek. Over summer, it went wakeboarding at Deer Creek, dinner at Red Robin, movie, pieshakes at Sammy's. And it was the same thing that night in a slightly different order except you can't really go wakeboarding right now because of 8 inches of ice on the lake.

I thought it was just going to be our 'official' celebration of 6 months. So when we started going to all the same places, I just thought we were reminiscing - same place for dinner, same place for dessert. Then we went up to Deer Creek and were sledding and running around and playing on the ice all by ourselves under this incredible night sky. Huge bright full moon and everything. I didn't think he had a ring because of what he'd been telling me for awhile, so when he did actually pull it out when we were standing on ice, I was shocked. I actually said no at first because I was so surprised.

Anyways, in exactly 3 months from today, we are getting married!! MAY 8th. In Bountiful. That seems so far away and yet there is so much we have to do in 3 months. School mostly. And hopefully everything else falls into place!

I still can't really wrap my head around the fact that I kinda predicted the future. I just think it's funny. But I am glad I did. :)


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this, Nat! That is a super cute story and I am very happy for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete