Wow. I really want a sewing machine. My crafty side has been suppressed for way too long. I am just dying to get my hands on some material and make something pretty.
And yet, I know I wouldn't put it to the good use it truly would deserve. (kind of like my guitar. still in the closet. poor thing.)
I guess I will just have to wait for forever to get one. Probably a good thing anyways, because there are papers and tests that come before any fun projects.
Which means, in my case, that all the grand ideas in my head will just have to stay there for a few more years.
I would love to make something like this:
(taken from here)

Oh my gosh, I want that shirt. You should make it--for yourself, of course, and then if you want to make an extra, I'd love to take it off your hands. :) And I totally understand your suppressed crafty self. I've been itching to get my hands on my watercolors again.
ReplyDeleteOoh, I love that top! Do you know how to make clothes? I've been trying to learn, but every time I try I just get SO. FREAKING. FRUSTRATED! It does not come easily to me. And do you know what size I am, according to pattern-manufacturers? Um, size H for humongous. Literally double the size I actually wear in real life. That does not ease the frustration.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if you can register for a sewing machine along with your other wedding gifts? . . .