Friday, November 11, 2011

11.10.11

1. Sometimes I have trouble communicating what is in my head. Does this make me crazy? Perhaps.
I just have all these thoughts and ideas and images and i just can't seem to get them down on paper/on the computer. There are days that I feel like I have all these ideas bursting to get out of my head. And then days like today.

2. Did you know it takes me quite awhile to write one of these posts? like almost a whole day. I actually started this yesterday afternoon.

3. I made fondant for the first time. It was mostly successful. Except where it says to add 3/4 of the powdered sugar. And I only added 3/4 c. Yeah. WENT GREAT, except I couldn't get my fingers apart because of all the marshmallow on my hands. 

4. Sometimes I have really weird dreams. Like last night, this old lady kept calling me on the phone and telling me I was doing everything all wrong. And I wanted to fight back but non-confrontational me couldn't do it. Even in a dream. Sad.

5. I have have considered buying multiple things today. And have struck out on ALL of them that I actually put in my basket/called about. 
And I really want this bathing suit. I have it bad for ruffles.
Jersey Lomellina® ruffle halter tank
via

6. Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away!

7. POLL time: Which city is better/cheaper/more fun/awesome/etc? 
AND WHY? tell me! I love hearing opinions!!
Chicago
Dallas
San Francisco
Seattle
Atlanta
Richmond
New York

5 comments:

  1. Dallas... DUH! Housing is super cheap, it has everything a big city offers with small town charm. recently, a public transit system. And the biggest bonus... me. I could visit anytime I go home which is often. Dallas has a great downtown scene but also lots of fairs carnivals and quirky other things.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I would say probably Dallas or Atlanta. They'd be a lot cheaper than some of the ones on your list, still big fun cities with cool stuff to do, and you wouldn't freeze your butt off all winter. And the bathing suit is awesome! You could actually use it in Dallas! Having just moved away from the Midwest, I'd say it has its charms, but the winters are truly brutal. I don't know if I could do it again . . . Jeff had a good opportunity in Chicago and I told him I really couldn't handle another Midwest winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i would agree with everything said above. i also think dallas, and maybe atlanta might be cheaper, but i think seattle would be a win in all the other categories. i would pick one of those 2. but hey, if you didnt have children, you could prob find a really cheap apt for you and dave in one of the expensive cities and be just fine. so it all depends natalie, it all depends. dallas would be fun but no ocean, seattle has the ocean. both would have great shopping. both good strong mormon community. do you like rain or sunshine? i would say you would use that bathing suit more in dallas. how long are we talking about living here anyways? cause that adds a whole new aspect to this question which i would be happy to give you my opinion about that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We live in Seattle and it is crazy expensive. I hate that part of it :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to everything Sunny said. I love Dallas. However, Chicago is also a blast, and in terms of old-patriotic-Americana-kind of charm, it beats all the others, in my opinion. But, Rachel's right--winters are aw. ful. awful. SF is charming too, but in a different way, although it is also quite expensive.

    I don't think you could go wrong with any of them though--and one thing to consider, is that a place that is a little more cost-effective (i.e., Dallas, Atlanta, and maybe Richmond, although I don't know, as I've never been there) might also be somewhere you'd want to be for a longer period of time--for a job and stuff. If you're just looking for something for a few months for an internship or something, then one of the bigger cities could be really cool, because it might be a place you might not otherwise get to live. Maybe not though--I don't know what all is going into this. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete