Wednesday, November 2, 2011

give thanks: day 2

you can read day 1 here
After I graduated from BYU, I got a job that I thought was perfect for me. It was even related to my major. But after a couple months at that job, I realized I dreaded going to work every day. I would even have bad dreams/nightmares about it occasionally. So I decided to quit and then unexpectedly soon, I was unemployed. I'd been looking around for another job for a little bit before I told my employers I was quitting. We were so incredibly blessed because my last day of work at that job was a Thursday; by the next Monday, I had a job and started on Tuesday. (I know lots of people who had a really hard time finding a job around then as well and I felt so guilty when I got one. But I guess unemployment just wasn't meant to be one of my trials.)

Today is my one-year anniversary of working at this job.
 (Hooray! I'm now eligible for a 401k and short-term disability.)
This job has been a good thing for us. As much as I dread getting out of bed, and the awful traffic both ways, and having days where I wish I was doing something more fulfilling, it has been exactly what I/we need. Especially as we are going through David having to search for an internship/job for our future, I am even more aware of what a blessing this is.
Today I am grateful for having a job.

via


No comments:

Post a Comment