Sunday, July 5, 2009

The things I learned from Idaho.

After an exciting weekend filled with friends, family and food, here's some tidbits of wisdom I realized.
1. It's harder for a cop to catch you speeding when he's facing the other direction...and going along with that, I'm really lucky sometimes.
2. Idaho doesn't really believe in ethnic foods. No satisfying of a Thai food craving. However they do have plenty of pizza joints which were ridiculously delicious and buffet style. quality.
3. Little children tend to ignore the amount of sleep you get. They will wake you as soon as possible regardless of your 4am arrival time.
4. The Warm River is not really warm.
5. Sometimes people can be treated as novelties. And sometimes that's not a fun thing.
6. It takes 5 adults to deflate a raft. (see picture.)
7. Football games can be played anywhere.
8. Don't leave your iPhone on the side of the road if you don't want it run over. That was one close call.
9. 20+ people at one barbecue is ridiculously fun.
10. Idaho likes star wars.
11. My phone selectively chooses not to text people. Usually when I really want to text someone.
12. Sometimes it's hard not having anyone within 5 years of you to hang out with. (brother's with girlfriends don't count when they won't hang out with you).
13. Old ladies are super super nice people when they let you stay at their house and you don't even really know them. We stayed with my older brother's girlfriend's brother-in-law's grandmother's house. (did you get lost? because i did)
14. Porch swings are AWESOME.
15. Girls will always like things that are sparkly and bright. Glitter toes, jewelry and fireworks are included in that. And Idaho Falls has surprisingly good fireworks.
16.Mini portable electric guitars make for awesome road trips at 2 in the morning.
17. Fresh rolls will always always always be delicious. Anywhere, anytime.
18. Car rides home with a 7 year old and an 8 year old are way too much fun.
19. I was happy to come back to Provo.
20. Making a music video with all your freshmen friends and watching it 3 years later makes you feel just as awesome as when you made it. And then listening to that song in the car on the way up because that's one of the only cds you own and your radio doesn't work only makes you feels even more awesome.
(I'll add more pictures as soon as I can steal the rest of them off of the camera. They're all on that one. Not on my email. Sorry..... I really should just get my own camera.)

2 comments:

  1. yeah i was going to say..you need to start getting some pictures up in here. glad you had fun in idaho. who's iphone got run over? i'm guessing christian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that could be your new adventure!! get your own camera and start taking cool pictures. it's really fun to learn about photography. maybe you could take a class.

    ReplyDelete