Now most of the debate is about whether or not I go with him.
(And by debate, I mean, most of this is just me going back and forth)
Here is the basic situation.
I go with him:
- I quit my job -- but I'd look for one down there anyways.
- We have an adventure together
- He doesn't have to move there alone.(I don't have to be alone here.)
- This is the biggest one. One night alone is bad enough....
- We don't save as much money if I don't get a job.
I don't go with him:
- We save quite a bit of extra money
- It is only for about 12 weeks and we can fly and see each other on the weekends
- We only pay one rent (his) so it wouldn't be as expensive as it sounds
- I keep my job which gives me something to do, plus it keeps my insurance. (Then when we move back in the fall, I will still have a job/insurance....)
- IT IS 12 WEEKS OF NOT BEING TOGETHER.
Plus other things that I maybe didn't list.
So, opinions please.
Should I stay or should I go??

That's a toughie. I say, if you can figure out a way to make it work, go! You'll remember that adventure for the rest of your lives, and it'd be awesome to have that time together. And you can contact temp agencies and start looking for jobs before you go, too. However, if there is no way to make it work financially, then do the distance thing as best as you can, and hang out with us a lot. (right now it's looking like we'll be in Provo this summer.) :) You'll whatever feels best, and I'm pretty sure that will be the right thing. :) Good luck deciding!
ReplyDeleteUh, the comment above (and this one) is Lisa. For some reason, it didn't have me sign in. Weird.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, go with David!
ReplyDelete