Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Goals!

I like to think I'm a fairly rational, reasonable person.  But really, I'm not.
I fit into the "hopeless romantic who loves to dream, can be very dramatic
and gets emotional for unknown reasons" category.

So when I say 2012 is going to be my year for BIG things, it means I probably won't get around to most of them. But I can't help but be unreasonable and uber ambitious around New Years so here are some of my goals (both practical and ridiculous) for next year.  (And yes, I am lumping similar ones together....)

Pinned Image
via


  • Make bedtime an earlier thing. And don't be such a grump when I wake up. Be more patient. With patients, with coworkers, with David, with MYSELF.


  • Get rid of leftovers in the fridge BEFORE they mold. (Gross? yes. TMI? Maybe. But hey, this is my list. Get your own.) Don't wait until the last minute to do laundry. Tidy up a clean house instead of having to clean a dirty house.


  • Run a marathon (Ambitious, I know. I've even picked one out - never mind that it is at a crazy time for us.)

Pinned Image

  • Don't let my commute ruin my day. (did you know there are VERY few things that directly correlate to your happiness? Driving is one of them. And I'm guilty of letting it get to me a lot.)

  • Do better at my church callings:
    • Visiting teaching. I struggle with it sometimes.
    • Actually learn to play the organ better (and try REALLY hard not to laugh every time I mess up).
    • Be a better nursery leader. Make it a place where playing is intertwined with learning. Come up with activities that fuel their creativity and development. But also realize that every week doesn't have to be (and probably won't be) perfect. Just love them.

Pinned Image
via pinterest --- no original source. any one know?

  • Acknowledge God's hand in my life more. Be grateful more. Complain less. Realize and remember that the Atonement is for me and covers everything in my life. Learn more about it continually.


  • Make something every month. Create goodness.

Pinned Image
via

  • Read a good book every month.


  • Talk to my family more. Phone, email, skype. There is so much technology that I need to take advantage of and use for better reasons than sitting on twitter/facebook all day.
Pinned Image

I think that's enough unreasonable optimism for now. Anything else you'd recommend?

linking up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment