Wednesday, December 14, 2011

hyhena (TM)

One of our friends always says common sayings/words wrong. We think they are pretty hilarious.
Yesterday was Andrew's birthday.
So here is the present we decided to give him.
The hyena I had to sketch freehand from a picture on the internet.

Trying to figure out the layout.

My pre-freezer paper template.
He thought Hyena had an 'h' - and that it was silent. haha
We are glad he can laugh about it too.
Freezer paper.
You cut out your image so it creates a stencil.

Freezer paper ironed onto the shirt.

Paint over your stencil. (I didn't have textile medium (long story) so I just diluted some acrylic paint so the consistency was kind of like milk.)

You are supposed to pull the freezer paper off while it is still wet - can anyone tell me why?
 Then you let it dry. (Or just use a hairdryer to speed things up...)

Sit back and admire the shirt that you just made. 
I kind of really love "hyhena" (TM).
It might possibly be the name of my future brand of something.


(I was inspired by this post. And now I really want to make that shirt too.)


Linking up here!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, do we love this gift!! Best gift ever! I woke up thinking about it haha. Thank you thank you!

    BTW, Andrew thinks we should all have one. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inside jokes make the best gifts.:)
    I think you take stuff like that off when the paint is still wet so you don't end up peeling dry paint off your finished project.

    ReplyDelete