Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pass it on. Pay it forward.

Pinned Image
via

Today I paid for the car behind me in the drive-through.

As I sat in line waiting to pay, I looked back and saw a dad with his 2 kids in the car. There was nothing unusual about him.
When I paid for them, the lady had to ask again what I wanted to do. She looked confused.
I paid, got my diet coke and drove off. I realllllllly wanted to look back and see his reaction. What would it be? Would he be surprised? Confused? Grateful? Would he think I'm a weirdo? Most likely the last one (which is why I didn't look).

But mostly I liked how I felt. The money didn't matter. His reaction shouldn't be important. I just liked feeling that maybe I had made someone's day better. That maybe he would pass that on down the drive-through line and that people paying for each other would just happen indefinitely. Like go on for infinity.

Okay, maybe not that long.
But that's how good I felt.
Pinned Image
via

1 comment: