Ever since I was about 16, when there would be a wedding reception at the church where I went to seminary, I was sent back with a camera to take photos of how everything was decorated. Just so that I would have an idea of what I might want when I was old enough to get married.
Well, folks, heads up. I am now 21 years, 4 months, and one day old. Somewhere in the back of my head it is screaming that there is no way that I can get married now. I mean, I'm ONLY 21. And yet.... And yet, I've watched so many fall in love, get engaged, and have incredibly beautiful weddings/marriages that I can't help but want one of my own. And I've had a lot of people suggest to me that maybe I should get married. My parents, my little brothers, people from back home who know how BYU is, everyone out here who is married. Don't get me wrong. I do want to get married. But there are some important things to think about - it being the right time, right place, right person, right authority - these ALL play a role in it.
However, Christian did tell me that he had a dream that I got engaged, AND he had to ask me if it was true or not. So either he's a fortuneteller or his dream was creepily realistic. So, since I've been preparing myself for this with photographs since high school, I decided to share some of my plans with you all (along with some tangents).
1) I found the wedding dress I want. Alas, I just found out it will cost more than a semester of tuition. Ergo it is out of the picture. So I shall have to restart the search again.
2) I love love LOVE looking at wedding pictures. You can practically feel the happiness OOZING out of their smiles. It's like Love is tangible. And since I always want what I can't have, I want that. So that's where I get tons of my ideas.
Here's the cake I want:
Not really, but kind of. I think it would be super fun. And that's the important part of the wedding, right?Here are some flowers that I LOVE: except for the roses. I'm not such a big fan of roses.
But I am currently obsessed with dark purple.
And since I've gotten to look at so many rings lately, here's my current favorite:
I don't know. I go back and forth. (And since I'm a girl, I pretty much like anything that is sparkly.)
Anyways, the rest of the plans are currently under review because I change my mind a million times a day. So, here's what I know about the guy I'm bound to end up with. I went back to my notes from when I was 16 and found these: Please read and enjoy. (And please please remember, I'm not 16 anymore, but I was when I took these. Way before facebook quizzes came around.)
Your type is the Preppy
If he's conservative, friendly, and clean-cut, he's just your type! You fall hard and fast for him. Your guy's refined, runs with a cool crowd, and has a little cockiness thrown in for good measure. He's just cool, calm, and collected. Another quality that draws you to him is his ambition. He aims for success and follows whatever path will lead him there. You respect how he always makes time for his friends and has a tendency to be a little goofy. With this cheeky,well-groomed guy, you can rest assured that you'll live the American dream!
Huzzah for the American dream! haha
You are a Hopeless romantic
Chances are you love soft music, candlelight, and long walks on the beach at sunset. Crying at sappy movies (your favorite kind) is a given — a box of tissues is a must — and you've have had your wedding planned since grade school. (HA - close. More like high school.) You're looking for a deep relationship — a soul mate. Traditional and sympathetic, guys love that they can open up to you and talk to you about their feelings, their past, and their hopes for the future. How can a suitor win your heart? By romancing you. Sending you flowers, surprising you with a picnic lunch, or going for a horse-drawn carriage ride. Before you know it, you'll be creating a life-long love story. (More like for eternity, not just life-long.)
Natalie, you find love in a Fairy Tale
Glass slippers, traveling minstrels, knights in shining armor. These are some of the classic components of fairy tales. And when it comes to your real-life love life, you'll take 'em in the form of candy and flowers, poems describing your beauty, tiny velvet boxes, and the like. (I'm liking the velvet boxes part. And the flowers.)You sometimes have to work to get your head out of the clouds, but your optimistic spirit and love-conquers-all attitude helps you deal with the good and bad that life might throw your way. As long as you can spot a poison apple when it knocks on your door, you'll always be able to find your happy ending.
Natalie, Prince Charming is the man of your dreams
A hopeful romantic, you're looking for that special guy who believes in fairy tales too. You want the best for yourself and those you love. And you're happy to go the extra mile to make sure everything works out in the end. So even if it means kissing a lot of frogs, you won't settle until you've found the prince you've been looking for. And that's sure to make a happy ending.
Well, if you have made it to the end of this post, I'm sorry. Those last 4 paragraphs were probably a huge waste of your time. And mine too, when I was 16. And I am happy now. I love my life. Even the parts that seem so unsure at times. Being where I am today is so, so much different and better than I pictured it. But maybe that's the best part.
if you are the man i end up with, i want you to know that i am trying to be the best person i can be now. sometimes i feel like you will never show up. but if you promise to show up soon, i promise to let you help plan the wedding. with no zebra cake. and i promise to love you forever. literally.
love,
Me.

you will one day make an excellent wife and mother. i love the cake! my friend made one exactly like that. where did you find yours? cause that would be random if it was her cake she made cause she has a website. being married is fantastic, but i had a lot of fun before i did. so live it up! like go to hawaii!!!!!
ReplyDelete