Wednesday, March 10, 2010

you make me happy.

So let me preface this post by saying I have an easy week this week - Come Tuesday night, I had only one homework assignment left for this entire week (stats). Not bad, right? (And of course, I'm not working on stats right now. Oh no, I'm here on my blog :D)


Can I just say that I LOVE the days when I discover new artists. I love randomly hearing a song in the background of a tv commercial or show and desperately racing to figure out what song it is before the magic of the moment is gone, before I no longer know what I'm looking for and have no way to find it again. Today was like that.


I discovered this girl's music. Her name is Lindsey Ray. I think her songs are pretty cute. Maybe kinda cheesy, but don't deny it, you like that stuff sometimes. :) You just have to be in the mood for it. I guess I was in the mood for it today because I kept listening to her songs and only found one that I wasn't happy with (granted I only found like 7 or 8 songs total).
Her style is a lot like Colbie Caillat. I tried to find some of her stuff on youtube. Some of it is there. If you are interested in listening (which you don't have to be, just because I like her doesn't mean you have to) THIS is the link to her site. My favorite song is 'you make me happy'. Not like the traditional stuff. But so good!!! I wish I could link it to play here.


I did make an extra $20 yesterday for just laying still for an hour with a needle in my arm and having an ultrasound done (on my arm. not belly. i'm most definitely not pregnant. but it was fun to see what that would be like) Easiest twenty I ever made - the hardest part was trying to stay awake! So maybe I will go buy this cd with it.

Oh, so you know the whole "first dance" thing?

Well, we have "our songs" but they come with a big problem. The cutesy ones - the ones we would actually consider dancing to - are in Chinese. (I understand them and can actually sing along with them - for the most part) But, we were thinking of maybe an English song for first dance.

So do you have any suggestions of songs? Or just any good music you think I would like? (and I really do like all types of music.)

No comments:

Post a Comment