(2/10/2015)
Pregnancy is a rough thing. Even in its easiest version.
I struggle to remember the hard times of my pregnancy with Noah because they were so few and far between.
Or I was busy enough to not notice.
The car sickness was bad but occasional. The nausea was mostly non-existent because I ate meals regularly and had snacks so readily accessible while I was working. The fatigue was easy to deal with because I could take a nap on my lunch break and then later crash on the couch while David studied or watched a game.
This time. Oh no. Not the same. Not even close. The exhaustion was there before I even knew I was pregnant. (I made an awful co-pilot on a long road trip.) I almost can't function each day unless I take some sort of nap --- even if it is 10 minutes!! But it is so hard to get that lately. And bedtime is still so late. Oops.
But the nausea is what is the most different so far. Oh the awful all-consuming nausea. It was at the point where I was so nervously terrified of putting anything in my mouth because it was just coming back up in a violent way.
It finally seems like it is starting to subside. (All the knocking on wood here. but I also thought that before and then had the worst day of them after that.)
Noah has been a champ. He lets me lie on the couch in my morning misery while he plays around me til I can get my act together. He also likes to run up and investigate when I'm sick. Not as fun as he thinks.
No comments:
Post a Comment