Sunday, May 24, 2015

(2.8.2015)

(2.8.2015)

It's funny how things happen sometimes. The day after I wrote the previous post about my baby paranoia, I got the weird phone call that no pregnant person wants.

The one with the test results that aren't great. 

Granted mine were LOADS ANDS LOADS better than some others. But that doesn't stop the worry. 

Our Down's syndrome test came back with a slight slight slight chance of baby having it. Like basically less than half a percent chance that our baby would have it. 

And of course the doctor calling tries to explain that "we don't know for sure" and "we won't know for sure until after more tests" and "here are all your options" etc etc 

10 days to wait for the results. To wait and pray that everything will be okay. And that you will be able to accept the results whatever they may be. To realize that you are never in control

10 days and the call comes. 
She talks so fast that you almost miss it. 
Negative. Negative. Negative. 
For DS. For the other chromosomal  tests. 
Negative!


"And oh, we also tested for the baby's gender. Do you want to know?"

Completely unexpected. 
"The baby's chromosomes are XX."

!!!!!!!!

Baby GIRL already has me panicky and we are YEARS away from teenagehood. I'll never stop worrying about my babies. Because I'm a momma. 

Can't wait to meet her face to face in 25 (long) weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment