Getting excited bout babay 2
The feelings are different than Noah's pregnancy.
We (mostly )know what to expect, we've done it at least once so there is a little bit of "been there done that" kicking around.
But what is also missing for me are the feelings I have about this baby - the insatiable wondering about what it is like to have a baby of your own and what she will be like and what type of mother I will be and how we will go through this together.
The excitement is different. Because I know the answer to some of those questions, and am willing to wait to know the others. Whoever she is, second child or not, this little girl has already made a huge impact on me. My feelings are more protective -- and emotional-- than with Noah.
I love newborns and the angelic newness and the smell that you can't get enough of that all are so suddenly gone. But I'm dreading the newborn phase because I know how awful I got with just one baby. Now I'll have Noah too. I'm a meaner version of myself without sleep and at this point I'm planning on the "just push through it" strategy.
Also. A GIRL. I actually never thought we would have girls. I pictured a house full of messy rowdy boys. (Not to say she won't be either messy or rowdy.) But how do you parent girls?? How did my parents survive me?! I'm nervous and yet so so so glad we get to do it at least once.
I think that is why my excitement is so different.
Hopefully she can stand her own against Noah. Heaven knows he is number one child type A who needs to be in control. Maybe she can knock him down a few pegs....
It's you and me girlie. Glad you're here to help even the score.
No comments:
Post a Comment