Oh baby girl. I can already tell things are gonna be different with her. Not a bad thing -- just new experiences for me to deal with. At this point in Noah's pregnancy, I had only had one ultrasound and we had (perhaps naively?) opted out of any genetic testing and were just so eager and loving the newness of it all.
This little girl has thrown me little curveballs every time I turn around. Nothing major, but always making me slightly anxious. We had our 3rd ultrasound today. And I loved it! It felt so familiar watching them make sure she was fine.
It was supposed to be just the scan since I just had an appointment the week before. So when the tech told me she just wanted to check to see if anyone wanted to go over it with us, a tiny little red flag went off. Because why do they go over it if nothing is wrong? And so we waited.
The doctor came and told us 2 things. Both minor, in his eyes, but something to be aware of. [Being the pregnant woman that I was, that was enough to make me wanna cry.]
1. A single choroid plexus cyst on one side. He said he's never really seen just one, they usually go away by 24 weeks, and since we have her genetic panel back, we already know it's nothing to do with that. It's a "wait-and-see."
2. Marginal chord insertion (umbilical cord is supposed to attach to the middle of placenta, mine is close to the edge). Only a major concern if they see blood vessels (they didn't) and only because it causes possible early labor/possible growth issues. In which case - bed rest! And lots of ultrasounds.
Which means we get ultrasound number four on Monday with the specialists using their fancy machines to make sure everything is what they think.
I've read a few scientific journal studies about this issue so I shouldn't be concerned. But that doesn't stop me from worrying.
More wait-and-see.
Enough with the sneaky reminders that Noah isn't my only focus anymore. I can feel her move now. It's nice to focus on those flutters instead of the worrying.
No comments:
Post a Comment