Friday, May 22, 2015

Bridesmaid-ing the hard way.

I wouldn't recommend trying it my way. I was 6 months pregnant at the wedding and 0 months when I ordered my dress. 

I ordered this one knowing I would need to add sleeves myself. 

I figured I would be safe ordering my normal size just with extra fabric for the sleeves because it took us awhile to get pregnant with Noah and we had just started trying. 

Then 3 weeks later while on Thanksgiving vacation, found out I was expecting. 

The dress fit okay when it was delivered at the end of February. I had been sick and had a teeny bump but not much. But it was tight in a couple spots. 

Skip ahead a month and a half and the dress WON'T ZIP UP. Cue internal freak out. 

Avoid dealing with it for another month. 
Then get your act together and figure it all out. 

You made it through all that 👆🏻 congrats!
I ended up hemming it, adding side panels (aka gussets) and making sleeves. It took me about 3 weeks of working at night and not every night. It was stressful.

But I was so so happy everything fit okay for the wedding!! (The cheap-o zipper split at the wedding --- very fitting since my wedding dress cheap-o zipper split in our wedding day too!) 

Here's the before/after of the gussets with bad lighting. 


The finished product!

And last but not least, at the wedding. 


(Forgot to take off my Fitbit oooops)












1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! No way could I ever have made it work. Sewing skills --> POOR. I love the dress on you!

    ReplyDelete